Thursday, October 29, 2009

Finally, another recipe: Chimichurri

Saturday I finally got around to making chimichurri. It coincided with my month-long craving for meat after giving it up for several months...




Ingredients
2 bunches of parsley
1 head of garlic
crushed red pepper
pepper
extra virgin olive oil
red wine vinegar
salt
oregano


Remove the large stems from the parsley.  The smaller stems that are attached to the leaf are more tender and okay to use.  Finely chop the parsley and garlic. Season to taste with oregano, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. Add the olive oil and after it has rested a while, add the vinegar.

Put it in the refrigerator for a few hours or until you are ready to serve it. I left mine in over night and then took it to my parents house for a delicious Sunday asado (Argentine BBQ) made by my dad. My parents enjoyed it. Success!



It is delicious with meat, excellent on a choripan, or add it to a sandwich.

It stores in the refrigerator well for a week or two.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment